A World at School Global Youth Ambassadors
What is A World at School?
A World at School is a digital mobilisation and communication initiative harnessing the efforts and energies of the many NGOs, teachers’ organisations, faith groups, individuals and youth campaigners to make education a reality for all of the world’s children.
We provide tools, connections and platforms to amplify the voices of our partners to achieve one single goal - all children in school and learning.
What are the Global Youth Ambassadors?
In our efforts to build and strengthen the emerging youth movement for global education, the A World at School Global Youth Ambassador Programme is a global network of young people campaigning in their schools, communities and countries for action to get every child into school and learning.
A World at School Global Youth Ambassadors are young leaders - aged 14 to 29 - with the interest, passion and dedication to be part of the global education solution.
We have 500 youth ambassadors working in 80 countries.
What do A World at School Global Youth Ambassadors do?
- Mobilise and organise other young people to stand up for education
- Make their voices heard in their communities by organising events, participating in campaigns, writing letters to the editor, running petition drives and taking part in other campaign activities
- Make their voices heard globally by writing blogs and news stories and sharing photographs and videos from events and projects for the global A World at School website and social media channels
- Organise local/national education advocacy-related events and campaigns with their organisations and schools and/or in partnership with other A World at School Global Youth Ambassadors
- Join global campaign efforts
- Can organise coalitions of like-minded youth groups for education
- Engage with their local stakeholders to achieve better results for education in their countries and communities -- in the policy, budget and other related processes
How do we assist our School Global Youth Ambassadors?
The A World at School Global Youth Ambassadors receive the support needed to mobilise others for action.
- Access to global campaigning tool kits with information and assets needed to run events and mobilisation campaigns in their communities and online
- Access to private social networking groups to speak with like-minded young people from all over the globe to share best practices, challenges and ideas.
- Invitations to participate in online forums and discussions with young people
- Being considered for participation at international conferences, seminars and other events.
- Mentoring and other support from A World at School Youth Team and partners.